If you go to the doctor when you have the flu, they often send you home with no prescription or nutritional advice. Diseases that are caused by viruses like the cold/flu, HIV/Aids, Hepatitis, Herpes, and Rabies are said to be lost causes to modern medicine. However they are not lost causes to people informed in herbal and integrative medicine. The dosages and which herbs perform best with which disease is unknown because pharmaceutical companies don’t sell herbs, spices, or essential oils. Therefore, they don’t research dosages with herbs, spices, and essential oils. (which is short sighted)
Turmeric when combined with fresh ground Black Pepper and a healthy fat is the biggest health discovery since antibiotics. Turmeric when consumed with the above instructions stops viruses from replicating.
There are many everyday foods and spices that are also anti-virals, and I listed them below. When I am sick I make an effort to consume these foods and spices and get well faster.
These recommendations for for an average adult and not for children or women who are pregnant. Make sure you are not allergic before trying any item. See the full disclaimer at the bottom.
Oregano Oil [antiviral, antibacterial]
- 1 drop of oregano oil mixed with 1 drop of olive oil and placed under your tongue 4 times per day
Clove Oil [antiviral, antifungal]
Holy Basil Tea [anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal]
Eat Turmeric Spiced Foods Combined with Fresh Ground Black Pepper and a Healthy Fat (Turmeric is a blood thinner so don’t consume if you are already taking another type of blood thinner medication) [antiviral, antifungal]
- Fresh ground black pepper keeps turmeric in the body longer.
- A healthy fat helps the body to absorb turmeric.
- Turmeric prevents viruses from replicating.
- Examples of health fats are olive oil, coconut oil, whole milk or cream, cheddar cheese, Parmesan, grape seed oil etc.
- Turmeric can be sprinkled on Chicken, Turkey, Pizza, Tomato sauce, etc.
- Turmeric consumption must be less than 1 tea spoon per day.
Lemon [antiviral, antibacterial ]
Drink Green Tea with Fresh Squeezed Lemon, Salt, and a Sprinkle of Cinnamon (Don’t Add Sugar) [antibacterial]
- Fresh squeezed lemon increases the ability to absorb polyphenols from the tea.
- Salt makes green tea an antibiotic.
- Don’t add sugar to the tea; the lemon has enough sugar (too much sugar prevents the absorption of vitamin c)
- Cinnamon consumption must be less than 1 teaspoon per day
Echinacea Herbal Tea [increases white blood cell count, don’t drink this if you have an autoimmune disease]
Fresh Ginger [antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal]
- Max amount of 3 grams per day for adult
Cinnamon (Saigon Cinnamon) [antibacterial, antifungal]
- Max dosage of 1 tea spoon per day for an adult.
Ceylon Cinnamon, Wild Carrot, Eucalyptus oil, and Rosemary Oil [anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal]
Clove and Ginger Extracts Together [antiviral]
Fresh Garlic [antiviral, antibacterial]
Thyme Oil [antibacterial, antifungal]
Olive Leaf Extract or Tea [antiviral, anti-HIV]
Shiitake Mushrooms (Lentinula edodes) [antiviral]
Asian herb bennet (Geum japonicum)
Calendula (pot marigold)
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not consume cat’s claw if you are pregnant or nursing.
Usnea [antibacterial, antifungal]
Strawberry and Dried Strawberry leaf [antiviral] (if strawberry leaves are not completely dry, brown, and brittle then they are poisonous)
Prickly ash bark
Goldenseal or Oregon grape
Pink Lapacho (Handroanthus impetiginosa)
Essential Oils [must be used topically or with a diffuser, do not consume]
- Research each essential oil on webmd prior to use
- Must be used topically or breathed in via a diffuser, do not consume
Natural Ways, Spices, and Foods to Boost your Immune System
- Green Tea
- Carotenoids (rose hips, saffron, paprika)
- Aloe Vera
- Lemon Grass
- Citrus Fruits
- Red Bell Peppers
- Green Tea
- Sweet Potato
Antiviral Hot Lemonade:
- 4 cups hot (not boiling) water
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (or blend the entire flesh of the lemon)
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey (raw is important!)
- ½” to 1” fresh ginger root, peeled
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar (raw is important!)
- Cayenne pepper (as much as you can tolerate)
- Optional: 2 cloves fresh garlic
- Blend all in a high-power blender. Drink 1 cup at the first symptom of illness, and another cup every 2 hours, or as desired. Do not re-heat Elixir, as this will damage enzymes and nutrients. Drink room temperature or cold after you refrigerate the remaining portion. It will last a week, in the fridge, but you can freeze portions in canning jars, for future use.
*Disclaimer: Information, ingredients, and products shown are not to be used as medical advice and/ or to be used in place of medical treatment of any kind. All information and products are to be used ONLY as a food supplement and must not be used to treat, mitigate or cure any symptom, illness or disease. I will not make any medical claims for ingredients or products listed on this site. Information on this site is only for public knowledge. People “know to be careful not to mix medications without consulting their doctor, pharmacist, or health care professional. They need to be just as cautious about combining supplements or ingredients with their medications,” “These ingredients are not recommended for use by pregnant women, nursing mother or children” Please conform to this Legality.
This Web site — Information About Herbs, Botanicals and Other Products — is for general health information only. This Web site is not to be used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment of any health condition or problem. Users of this Web site should not rely on information provided on this Web site for their own health problems. Any questions regarding your own health should be addressed to your own physician or other healthcare provider.